The history of Elkhart Lake is a story going back 10,000 years to when native Indians first settled on these shores and came to hold the lake in reverence and hold their special ritual celebrations here. Ever since, people have found this lake as an amazing place of beauty, relaxation, and recreation.
- “1921 Article – Elkhart Lake Early Settlers“
- “Sheboygan Bay at Elkhart Lake: Circa 1909” by Bill Rietow (1977)
- “History of Elkhart Lake Sailing” by Dick Windsor (1984)
- “Looking Back… Recollections and Remembrances: An Anecdotal History of the Village of Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, 1894–1994” by The Centennial Book Committee (1994)
- “Camp Brosius” by Tim Crow (1998)
- “Wilhelmine LaBudde” by Unknown Author (ND)
- Elkhart Lake 1971 Directory